- 2013 Move to London
- To facilitate day to day management, fourmidable is now hosted in Yannick's lab at Queen Mary University of London. Get in touch if anything feels like it might be broken.
- 2012.05.26 Other ant sequences
- Added genomic sequence of ants that are not part of a genome projects to BLAST.
- 2012.03.10 Crazy ant sequences
- Added Nylanderia pubens (Invasive Caribbean Crazy Ant) transcriptome assembly. [Paper PDF]
- 2012.02.15 BLAST interface updated
- Usability upgrades for the BLAST interface.
- 2012.01.08 Uniprot links for S. invicta protein sequence
- S. invicta protein sequences in BLAST output are now automatically linked to their corresponding Uniprot page for reference.
- 2011.08.30 C. floridanus and H. saltator EST assembly
- Camponotus & Harpegnathos mRNA (assembled from short EST reads) added to BLAST.
- 2011.08.29 New domain & naming
- Fourmidable is now antgenomes.org. And web addresses to blast ant genomes (http://www.antgenomes.org/blast) and download data (http://www.antgenomes.org/downloads/) are now simpler.
- 2011.07.14 Server update
- Old server replaced by a new one. BLAST searches should be much faster!
- 2011.06.01 BLAST user interface update
- BLAST search features as "assisted" user interface that helps you choose which blast types and databases are possible with your query.
- 2011.06.01 Acromyrmex echinatior leafcutter ant
- Added sequence from the Acromyrmex echinatior leafcutter ant genome to download and blast.
- 2011.02.14 Atta cephalotes leafcutter ant
- Atta cephalotes leafcutter ant genome paper released. Sequences added to ant blast search and sequence download
- 2011.02.01 Fourmidable updates
- Sleek new BLAST interface to search ant genome sequences.
- 2011.01.31 Solenopsis, Pogonomyrmex and Linepithema ant genomes released
- Solenopsis invicta red fire ant, Pogonomyrmex barbatus harverster ant and Linepithema humile argentine ant genomes released online in PNAS.
Recent Citations of the paper
Archived old sites
Questions / Comments / Suggestions?
If you need help or advice, please get in touch: y dot wurm at qmul dot ac dot uk. In an emergency, Anurag Priyam may also be able to help.